We are days away from the wedding, which also means we are less than a week from Honeymoon time, and I could not be more excited for that! Between wedding plan and just normal life in general I am more than ready for a vacation and some solid time relaxing on the beach with my husband (ahh can’t believe that is going to be a real word in a few days!). I have been looking forward to laying around reading on my honeymoon for quite some time now so of course I have been saving up books for the occasion, and today I want to share the books I’m bringing with me.
I’m usually all about Gone Girl -esque books or non-fiction books where I can learn a little something about business, life, psychology, etc. but neither of those seemed the appropriate genre’s to bring on a honeymoon. So I rounded up some other books on my to read list that will hopefully be perfect for relaxing in the sun as a newlywed.
Starting off with the audiobooks that I am bringing along. I don’t know how much of these I’ll get through, it really depends on the trip, but I like having some handy for things like being too tired on the plane to read, but not tired enough to actually fall asleep, or if I can’t sleep at night they are nice to listen to for a bit until I get sleepy.
- The Vacationers by Emma Straub – I have this on hold through Overdrive from the library right now and am hoping I get it before we leave. It sounded like a fine read and the scenery and location of the novel make it honeymoon worthy to me.
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter – Last I checked I could get this through Overdrive without a hold so I’m hoping that’s still the case when we are getting closer to leaving so I can grab it really quick. This is another one that just struck me as a good beach time summer read.
- The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty – This one isn’t quite as honeymoon-y as the other books I have picked out, but I own it on audible right now and haven’t started it yet so it’s there mostly as a safety net if I run out of other options.
Hold in Your Hand Books
Yes, I realize that seems like a weird way to describe books, but the next section is Kindle books, so these are actual books that you hold in your hand, not digital. Can I just say how ridiculous it is that I even need a word for this, it used to just be books. Anyways these books are ones that I have at home and just wanted to get through and felt would fit the honeymoon vibes while not being too large that I didn’t want to pack them.
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty – This one I just recently started so I want to bring it to finish it before starting something else, that being said the premise behind the book while not a light, fun, beach read, seems somewhat applicable to a honeymoon. Alice is 29, happily married, with a baby on the way and then wakes up at 39 and everything is falling apart but she doesn’t remember the last 10 years, since I’m close to Alice at 29 (not quite, but close) and I too would be devastated if I woke up 10 years from now and realized my life was in shatters, I think the lessons in the book are perfect for a newlywed.
- Adventures for Your Soul: 21 Ways to Transform Your Habits and Reach Your Full Potential by Shannon Kaiser – I’ve been wanting to read this one for awhile. It’s all about reaching your potential and being happy and being your best version, and since getting married is one of those life events that can be taken as a new beginning it seems like a perfect time to finally read it.
And finally, the meat of my honeymoon reading. I love my kindle, especially for occasions like this, it’s super easy to pack and you get so much content out of one little device, plus all the books are always much cheaper on kindle than when you buy the paperback version. Most of the books in this category are romance novels, because well, it’s my honeymoon, what better time to read some cheesy romance novels than laying on the beach next to your new husband?
- Love and Lists (Chocoholics #1) by Tara Sivec – I read the Chocolate Lovers series a few years ago by Tara Sivec and absolutely loved them. They were funny and light and if I hadn’t of already finished the set, would have been perfect for the honeymoon. Instead I’m picking up the first in the Chocoholics series which features the kids of the characters from the Chocolate Lovers series.
- A Beautiful Lie (Playing with Fire #1) by T.E. Sivec – I wanted to grab another book by Sivec, because of how much I loved the Chocolate Lovers series, so decided to give A Beautiful Lie a try (ha, that rhymed!)
- Maybe Someday (Maybe #1) by Colleen Hoover – These next two came as recommendations based on the first two and from friends I have that like romance novels. I don’t really know what to expect, but hoping for the best.
- On the Island (On the Island #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves – Same as above, came as a recommendation and hoping for the best.
- Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that will Transform Your Sex Life by Emily Nagoski – It wouldn’t be my reading list if it didn’t have a little non-fiction mixed in, this one seemed like the perfect non-fiction read to grab for the honeymoon. I don’t have super high expectations for it, so we’ll see if I’m pleasantly surprised or not.
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell – If the romance novels are getting to be too much Rainbow Rowell is someone I can always count on to provide a fun read. I’ve heard so many good things about this book and can’t wait to finally get into it.
What have you been reading lately? Any other suggestions for the honeymoon I should consider picking up? Or suggestions I can grab once we get back to get me through the rest of the summer?